These are high-resolution (Doppler) filters and low resolution (imaging) filters. The technology uses nematic liquid crystal as the tuning medium in Fabry-Perot interferometers. Proprietary NUV – LWIR designs.
Please download and read a paper on the properties of SSI Liquid Crystal Tunable Filters.
- Precise electronic wavelength selection
- Completely solid-state design
- Remarkable ease of use
- Extreme resistance to shock and vibration
- Rapid tuning on the order of milliseconds
- Low-voltage analog input (0-10V max)
- Excellent background rejection
- Remarkable image quality
- Diameters from 10 to 152 mm
- Wavelength regions from 500 nm to 14 µm
- Spectral resolution from 0.002 to 36 Å (VIS)
- Absolutely no closed-loop control